Thursday, November 17, 2016

Brief Introduction


Hello and welcome. I believe that it would be polite to introduce myself before starting posting anything else. My name is Yana, and I’m a wedding and event planner in Santorini, Greece. I spend my days enjoying the magnificent views that the island has to offer, going for walks with my two dogs, reading books, knitting and doing other DIYs, and of course planning weddings and events. 

A lot of people ask me, why did I become a wedding planner? To be honest, the answer to that question is simple and boring: I needed a job. The real question I should be asked is why I remained a wedding planner, even though the island offers a big variety of different carriers to follow, including my dream job – being a horse riding instructor. Well, the answer to that question is because being a wedding planner is an amazing job! I absolutely fell in love with the whole process of planning a wedding!!

There are a lot of things that I love about this job. I have the chance to meet so many amazing people, and it gives me great joy to know that I can help them fulfill their dreams of a perfect wedding day. I love the journey which begins from the very first email I receive from the couples, to their “I do’s”. I get to be part of their new beginnings in life as a family, share their tears of absolute happiness. Even though this job has a lot stressful moments and comes with a great responsibility, the heartwarming feeling I get just by knowing I made someone happy, makes every bad moment worth the trouble. 

And of course, there’s creativity! Let’s not forget about that! With every wedding or event, I get to do something different, something new! Thinking and preparing the decorations for a wedding is the best part of the planning process. I get to experiment with different DIY’s, spend time daydreaming and coming up with new ideas, learn a ton of new information on various topics. The creative part makes this job even more exciting.

It was the moment I realized all the above, which made me take the decision of becoming an independent wedding planner. This is how “Cardoon Events” was born. 

Through this blog, I will share with you all my thoughts and my experiences on weddings and events, give advices to future brides and grooms, and give you an insight to the life of a wedding planner. I plan to post every Monday and Thursday. I’ll write about various topics that have to do with weddings, marriage proposals, parties, and I will also share my thoughts and experiences on Santorini, its restaurants and entertainment options.

Thank you very much for reading and I hope to see you around!


No comments:

Post a Comment